Attractions & Things to Do in the Susquehanna River Valley
The beautiful Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast, located in historic Montrose, PA, sits amidst the Endless Mountains in Susquehanna County and offers a central location for many area activities, events, and attractions.
Whether you enjoy hiking one of the many trails nearby, cooling off in a small glacial lake, cross-country skiing or snowmobiling some of the hundreds of miles of trails in winter, nature lovers will not be disappointed.
If you prefer history, museums and art galleries, there are several within walking distance of the inn as well as in nearby villages and cities. Binghamton, New York is only thirty minutes north and offers many attractions.
- Salt Springs State Park, located only 6 miles from the inn, offers 15 miles of hiking trails through woods, meadows and waterfalls. The park is free and is the only volunteer-run park in Pennsylvania.
- Woodbourne Nature Preserve is only 5 miles from the inn and offers the perfect place to walk, sit or paint nature.
- The Center for Antislavery Studies is located just down the street and offers valuable information regarding the northern portion of the Underground Railroad, on which The Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast was a stop.
- The Aaronic Priesthood Restoration Site, where Joseph Smith claimed to have his encounter with an angel in the river, is located only 21 miles from the Inn. A visit to the site offers a beautiful place to walk and take in a bit of history.
- The Montrose Bible Conference, started by RW Torrey is located just down the street from the inn and offers a wide variety of conferences and meetings.
- OLD MILL VILLAGE, New Milford, is only 10 minutes from the inn and offers tours, demonstrations and events for a glimpse into the past.
- MAY -The annual Wine and Chocolate Festival is held the third weekend in May and offers arts, crafts, bands and of course, local wine and chocolate within walking distance to the inn.
- JULY – Celebrate an old-fashioned 4th of July with FIREWORKS and Craft Shows in Montrose
- AUGUST – Want to enjoy a real country fair? The Harford Fair is held the third week of August and is a short distance from Montrose off of I81.
- Also, in August – The 1st Friday and Saturday bring the annual Blueberry Festival on the Green, just a few steps from the inn.
- OCTOBER – Columbus Day Weekend brings the annual ARTIST TOUR. Visit artists at work in their shops as well as displays set up in historic buildings. The Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast features a collection of quilts from local artists, who will also hold demonstrations and workshops.
- The Slanted Art Gallery and Co-op just down the street also feature many local artists, including the Rosemont Innkeepers.
- DECEMBER – Enjoy Christmas in Montrose December 6th-7th. Watch the horse-drawn wagon rides, carolers and activities on the green right from your window at the inn, or join us for a Christmas Tea in the dining room served by ladies and gentlemen in period costume.